• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's your favorite sealant?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoMoses

for sealing the top and bottom of waterblocks?

Personally I use RTV silicone and JB-weld. I like them both. I use them mainly because you don't need similar surfaces to get a good seal (unlike solder) so I can make waterblocks out of whatever I can find.

What's your favorite sealant, and why?

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
juliendogg said:
marine goop or plumbers goop. stronger than glue and waterproof as it could be :)

Agreed. I had to dremel a plastic block apart to get it to come off of my cpu. I used Marine Goop on a direct die block.
Love that stuff, though JBWeld rocks too, Marine Goop is clear.

JML

Diggrr said:

Agreed. I had to dremel a plastic block apart to get it to come off of my cpu. I used Marine Goop on a direct die block.
Love that stuff, though JBWeld rocks too, Marine Goop is clear.

Marine goop sounds awesome! ;)
Where is it sold?

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
first solder, second it depends, if i have screws then rtv silicone, no screws i go jb

{PMS}fishy

JB weld rock. Water blocks, KX125 crank case's it doesn't matter. I love that stuff.

Daemonfly

I go with Plumbers Goop. I've had JB Weld pull right off of plexi, but goop seems to hold better. I apply, tighten down ~90%, let completely dry, then tighten down the rest of the way for a completely waterproof seal.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
plexi is another story, its soo smooth and all not much will hold to that, you need to rough it up first

safemode

goop will hold anything . ANYTHING .. goop is god. It will hold your plexi, strap it down and make it it's biotch and the plexi will like it because it's into that kinky bondage stuff.

Have i mentioned that marine goop is god?

Frodo Baggins

safemode said:
goop will hold anything . ANYTHING .. goop is god. It will hold your plexi, strap it down and make it it's biotch and the plexi will like it because it's into that kinky bondage stuff.

Have i mentioned that marine goop is god?

LMAO!!!

lol man marine and plumbers goopt he same thing?

safemode

yes. They're the same as far as anyone has been able to tell. But since they're not going to be telling you the secret recipe.... all that's known is that they're made of the same basic formula and there's been no discernable difference in any application.