• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your highest 3DMarks2001 score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no there are ways to fool 3dm2001 into giving you a much better score than you realy should have. I dont need to edit anything.... it will even show up on the webpage if I could ever register

Do you mean pay for the pro version to register? You do not need to, all you do is click the online results button after you bench it, then you put in a password and a user name and you get a free acct manager. Then you can save all your scores, publish them, and get a link like me for others to compare to you. Simple as that. I don't have the pro version but I am thinking of getting it though. I would love to see my scores after the picture quality tests...

I tried to to that earlier but it said that they were having problems and to try again later... so Ill try later ???

I've scored as high as 13,000 with mine.... with the CS speed cheat enabled. You can change your system clock speed, and with that gain higher Sandra scores, Geforce, etc. Actually, my highest score with below specs was 2400, and if I do 210/200 speeds on the card, I get 2650 or so. I had the highest scores of any similar setup :).

I have NO IDEA what I just did, but I did a fresh reboot of my system and I installed DX8.1 the other night. My card is at 235/540 now. I just scored a 6925 score. i have attached the following screenshot to back this up. As you can see, it's my desktop with the madonion.com site in the top right of the screen with my username in it to show this is mine. Like I said a second ago, I haven't got the slightest clue what I did and I JUST got this score. I think I'm about to poop myself. WOW!

[img="[URL]http://www10.brinkster.com/tacoman667/6925score.bmp[/URL]"]

Sorry, I use the prt scr button and my windows paint program for my screenshot. That's why the picture takes sooooooooo long to display. Hehe.

Tacoman667 (Jul 31, 2001 08:51 p.m.):
I have NO IDEA what I just did, but I did a fresh reboot of my system and I installed DX8.1 the other night. My card is at 235/540 now. I just scored a 6925 score. i have attached the following screenshot to back this up. As you can see, it's my desktop with the madonion.com site in the top right of the screen with my username in it to show this is mine. Like I said a second ago, I haven't got the slightest clue what I did and I JUST got this score. I think I'm about to poop myself. WOW!

You got me excited. I installed directx 8.1, had to underclock my video card (would not run at 235 core but would at 230), and my scores were 40 points lower...

Remember though, I am running a 150FSB right now. Also, did you do a FRESH reboot? I don't think I have ever tried a fresh reboot then benching. I did that and got that new score. I was hella surprised when I saw that too.

Tacoman667 (Jul 31, 2001 09:57 p.m.):
Remember though, I am running a 150FSB right now and about 300mhz higher then you too. Also, did you do a FRESH reboot? I don't think I have ever tried a fresh reboot then benching. I did that and got that new score. I was hella surprised when I saw that too.

No, fresh reboot (even full power off/cold boot) and no changes.

I'm gonna keep 8.1 anyway, just to see if other things might improve.

Tacoman667 (Jul 31, 2001 08:51 p.m.):

[img="[URL]http://www10.brinkster.com/tacoman667/6925score.bmp[/URL]"]

eh,
your only 300 points behind me, that wasnt so hard either now was it. Now if you hit the 1.8GHz mark, your 3dmarks would be well into the 7000s. My results very a few points but my highest is still 7225. Thats not the best for 1.84GHz Athlon.

I seen an CAD worker at this building I work at who has his PC equiped with a WildCat 2 GPU by 3Dlabs. He contructs the arches and angle beams for Sky scrapers and needs the best in PC technology. He has hit 12000 in 3Dmark2001. It completly chews the software around and spits it out. And he only has a 1GHz Athlon with 1GB DDR ram.

LOL,
Want over 10000 in 3dMark2001?, get the WildCat2.

:) - I'd DIE to get one of those nice lookin things!

YUMMY!
500MHz GPU x 2 = 1GHz of GPU power!

I bet you that ram on there has got to be QDR @ a gigahertz probally too!

Hey shadow, the guy with like 4000 posts almosts,,,
Think you could get the hookups and jack me one of these. I'd pay you off wealthy! :)

How do you know limitation for OC'ing GF2 card? I posted in other thread about really poor scores (approx. 1250) with my current setup... Anyone willing to offer some help/advice, I would surely appreciate it, cuz my scores aren't even near anyone else's here!

ah! i can only manage 5588 on my GF3, which I haven't been able to overclock very well yet... I am going to get DirectX 8.1 now and see if that improves my scores at all...

hmmm... well, I installed Directx 8.1, but didn't get any performance difference... stinks, I was really hoping for higher marks, as always... got a screenshot though this time...

3090 is my higest, im running W2k, I cant remember what it was in ME, I know it was much higher

Back