• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your highest temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaBigJ

What's the highest temperature you can run stably at? I'll state my real reason for this question later ;)

ib69nu said:
for most people i would say 55c for extreme overclock and 60-65 for mild oc

??? the temp is higher for mild oc than etreme, did you mean the other way around

i am saying that the maximum STABLE temp is lower for an extreme o/c. xp's at stock setting are supposedly stable to about 80-90c, not that i would want to run my processor that hot, but the more you run it out of spec the less heat that it will tolerate. that is why people with phase change systems can get better o/c than people with just plain water cooling can get.

Cullam3n said:
My duron 800 works perfectly fine at 82c. Core has melted a bit but still works like a charm. =)

-PC

God damn man!! :eek: Don't you think yo should get yourself a better cooler or something?!

The highest I've seen my XP go was 70c, and it didn't stay there very long.

Ive got a 1.2 tbird on my K7S5A with a plain jane alum. HS and a mickey mouse fan (24 cfm) its been stable running F@H for about 4 weeks now at 71C.

I was running my main rig at about 48 idle and 52-3 full load. A few minutes ago I added 2 80mm fans to my heat sink, and seem to have a 38-40 idle temp. I am waiting for it to warm up fully before I test full load.

This is scary reading about temps that high. :eek:

Highest mine have been is 47C.

I'm perturbed I get 43 load on H20 !:mad:

:cool:

What's the highest temperature you can run stably at?
This thread was not started so that people could brag about their temps, whether they be high or low. It was started with the idea that perhaps the max safe temp is higher than a lot of you would imagine. With this in mind could I get some responses on the original question:
What's the highest temperature you can run stably at?

Once I left returned to stock speed without lowering voltage and didn't turn my duct fan on.......it reached 61°C

my xp1600 is running at stock speed, and cause i messed around with the HS and the AS3 got messed up the temp on load is now 51*C. thats fine with me. anything ovcer 55*C would start worrying me.

I'm NOT saying im happy with this tho!!! cause its not even OCed!! but i've gotta refit my hs soon!
Actually ill do it now!

Laters,

Willem.

Back