• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats your Intel LGA775 stock HSF base made from ? Copper or Aluminium ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems like it is less secure in the case, but when properly installed the chassis turns the vertical force into lateral. And being made out of fiberglass its flexable but at the same time crazy strong.

Not to mention fallowing the instructions keeps your back door covered in case it breaks during install.

I'll also mention that these methods are not mutually exclusive. Some cases these days give you access to the area under the motherboard socket. For those that don't you can always drill a hole(or four :) ) to access the area behind the socket.

Last edited:
Those 3 C difference just from a brief quick & dirty testing, not thorough.

What is your finding ? Higher than 3 degrees ?

Wonder what is the latest Q6600 G0 or E6x50 came with ?

I did not really take note but if I remember correctly, the E6750 is a copper... Someone confirm this please?

Copper > Aluminum

If anyone gets better numbers with Aluminum it is either because:
1. It is an entirely different HS with better "design" not having to do with Cu/Al
2. Something screwy is going on, difference of ambients, or mounting mistakes.

Copper has a higher thermal conductivity then Aluminum. Now what would be awesome, is if they made a HS with a Diamond(best by far) or pure Silver(2nd best) base. :D

I rather get a phase cooler than a Diamond hs since a phase can get to sub-zero temps.

it seems that aluminum heatsinks are packaged with the lower end cpus. Most likely due to the cpus pouring out extremely low amounts of heat, and wattage...so why would one include a better heatsink? besides that including a better heatsink could have raise the price too? Not to mention it was intended for stock use.

my e4300 came with a copper heatsink also

And I think those who buy "lower end CPUs" are on budget anyway so why should they care?

Every one ive gotten had the copper core.Two E6400's and one E6420 and one e6600 plus the Quad i just got yesterday all had copper cores.I really thought the Quads Heatsink would have been differnt some how compared to the other four.But the only differnce ive seen is the Quads fan says 40a while the one off the E6400 says 42a.I still have one more some where im gonna look and see what that one says

Iam not using it atm , but when the E6420's were released the stock sinks were copper based .

I've never pulled it out of the box so I'm not sure but I think the one that came with my E6600 has a copper base.

I'm pretty sure my P-D 930's stock heatsink also had a copper heatsink. Probably the same heatsink, except for the fan sticker having the old intel logo.

Back