• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When can I afford it??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brothernod

So.......... any speculation of when the GF4 Ti4400 will drop to $250 instead of it's current $300??

$50 is a huge difference when your already over budget :)

on price watch the lowest one is a pny at $275 so i honestly don't think it will be much longer. Maybe a month, i also think it is affected by the demand for the 4600.

Wait a month or two and grab yourself a ti4200 when they come out for under $200 if money is a big concern for you.

slim_lim said:
Wait a month or two and grab yourself a ti4200 when they come out for under $200 if money is a big concern for you.

Do you have a link so I can see the specs on the 4200. I was planning to get the Ti4400, but my lady wanted a digital cam. So right now I'm stuck using a GF2 Ti.

Klownin79 said:

Do you have a link so I can see the specs on the 4200. I was planning to get the Ti4400, but my lady wanted a digital cam. So right now I'm stuck using a GF2 Ti.

Do you really need a new card RIGHT NOW thats what you need to ask yourself. What is wrong with you G2Ti200??

It prolly plays all games fine. What you will gain buying the new card will be a few fps, newer technology and a better 3 D mark 2K1 score but is it really needed right now, dude wait a couple of months for the buying frenzy and hype to die down

Or if you really need a new card I would buy a 8500 fer sure best bang for buck and will easily last close to 2 years. sell your Ti200 for $50-60 spend another 80 can not beat that.

Cisco Kid

Cisco I'm not going to be buying right now. I just want to know alittle more about the card then I know right now. Plus that even if I wanted to I couldn't buy the GF4 Ti4200 anyways cause it`s not out yet.

Klownin79 said:
Cisco I'm not going to be buying right now. I just want to know alittle more about the card then I know right now. Plus that even if I wanted to I couldn't buy the GF4 Ti4200 anyways cause it`s not out yet.

I know it is not out yet but even when it does come out all I meant was that your G2 Ti200 would still meet your needs more than likely, but we all get caught up in buying the latest and greatest when it is not necissarily needed.

And I am one who does the same LOL , hope you find the info you need

Cisco KId

I'm on a Voodoo 3 2000.
I want a new card and I want one soon.
I want Warcraft III to have all the power from my computer that it deserves, and that's the game I'm upgrading for.
I know it won't require to much, but I'd also like to play Doom III when that comes out, and they said they were shooting for 30fps on a GF3...eeek.

Based on the beta. WC3 doensn't seem like a performance-hog. It'll run just fine on a gf2mx and look good as well. Doom3 is another story. id is known for pushing the limits of 3d graphics but also for tight coding that allows achieving new visual heights without bringing a less-than-state-of-the-art system to a screeching halt. I expect a gf2-class card on a 800mhz+ cpu will handle doom3 just fine, since that's around what most gamers have right now. They'd be stupid killing their sales by making a game that only performs satifactory on a high-end system. Of course, you can expect some extra eye candy on a dx8 accelerated card, but how much it'll matter remains to be seen. Take Carmacks rants about the greatness of geforce3 with a spoonful of salt, as he's been pimping nvidia's wares for cash for a few years now.

Last edited:
Back