• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When is our new ocssetiteam.com coming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klear

I thought that we were getting a nicer site soon? After that banner voting thing... whats up with that...?

anyone know?

Uh...interesting wording there Klear...I'm sure the new graphics will come together soon.

Cy

as far as i know, there is some people who is helping the site. and mainly (only?! hope not!) TC and Basher. i'm sure they are trying to get as much time out of their busy real life as they can to work on our site. just give them some time, bro.

(btw, TC & Basher, if u'll need any site help, pls feel free to let me know... may be i could help. ;))

Basher is doing the bulk of the work with redesigning the stats pages. As far as that banner goes you'll have to ask SpeedJ about it - he came up with that idea. Personally I think the site looks pretty darn good as it is. You can thank Morpheus for that.

TC said:
Basher is doing the bulk of the work with redesigning the stats pages. As far as that banner goes you'll have to ask SpeedJ about it - he came up with that idea. Personally I think the site looks pretty darn good as it is. You can thank Morpheus for that.

I'll second that.

klear said:
I thought that we were getting a nicer site soon? After that banner voting thing... whats up with that...?

anyone know?
Well I have been continually contacting the winner of the contest to no avail, unfortunately. We were waiting as per sean's request the addition of Benchmarks to the logo, I may have to see what I can come up with by weekends end. I should finally have all my pc's back within my control as due to problems of a severely personal nature I have not had them here with me for over a week now, but look to some answers soon and then on to the logo contest for Mictlan which promises to be something great! And yes kris did a wonderful job I will concur, but the banner contest did a wonderful thing of boosting a renewed interest in the Seti team and I am very pleased at the results!

Keep on crunching.

J

Personal Opinion

I think that the current team site has more useable information, organized in a more accessable manner than most any other site that can be found.
Remember we don't have a paid staff of HTML coders who's only responsibility is to maintain and update information and develop bells and whistles to keep the natives entertained.
I say three cheers and be darn glad we have the showplace that we do. My hat's off to all those individuals who spend their time and energy to keep this native smiling!:D :eek: :D

Opinions are free-At least one to a customer!

Re: Personal Opinion

SkyHook said:
I think that the current team site has more useable information, organized in a more accessable manner than most any other site that can be found.
Remember we don't have a paid staff of HTML coders who's only responsibility is to maintain and update information and develop bells and whistles to keep the natives entertained.
I say three cheers and be darn glad we have the showplace that we do. My hat's off to all those individuals who spend their time and energy to keep this native smiling!:D :eek: :D

Opinions are free-At least one to a customer!

Thanks

hey... it was my first web site... I am glad it has served to team for as long as it has... ;) :rolleyes: We had about 190 members when I the site project began... :eek: we ALL have come a LONG LONG way... :D

and yes... Basher (& Tim?) are doing a GREAT redesign... IMHO...

Last edited:
klear said:

anyone know?

I am slowly working on updating the stats pages. Daily stats are finished for now currently working on the weekly stats.

I also think that the team site looks really good, but I'm also excited about a frames setup.....that way the site will look neater.....Right now looks really good but as informaiton has been added, sometimes you have to click into several links to reach finally the place you need.....

This usually happens when you have redesigned someting several times. You reach a point where a total redesign is needed.....

Also, as SpeedDJ points out, with the team banner contest lots of new guys came to the team to help us overtake the world.....

Great job you guys (Kris, Tim and Sean) for alll the work done for the best homesite of any SETI team on the 'Net.

the site blows right now.. I could make one 100x better in 10 minutes. this site looks like my 5 year old brother was poinding keys in an HTML editor.

Klear,

There is no reason to deride the team web site. You are welcome to share your thoughts and opinions but juvenile posting gets us nowhere.

The current site has lots of good info and a clean look. Our members are working to refresh the look of the site over time.

This is all done on a volunteer basis and we should appreciate the time given to the team. :)

Cy

Yeah! And who else is going to be diligent enough to update
the pages daily and weekely?

Kleer?

klear said:
the site blows right now.. I could make one 100x better in 10 minutes. this site looks like my 5 year old brother was poinding keys in an HTML editor.

Nice show of team support there, buddy. I'll bet the guys who take their personal time to keep it together are very appreciative.

Some people... :rolleyes:

klear said:

My suggestion would be rather than complaining about the site, how about offering to help improve it ?

klear said:

Whoa, Whoa, there man. You need to seriously think before you type. I don't know how much web design you have done, but that site does not look bad at all.
Seriously, we do not need a negative vibe around here, we are positive people, and we will positively not stand for comments like this. Please show EVERYOE respect in these forums.
Thanks
Joey

Think this thread is over as it's going nowhere but down.

Klear, constructive criticism and suggestions will always be accepted as far as the team is concerned. However, rude comments will not be and yours is way out of line.

I would say your attitude is going to need quite a bit of work before anything as far as the site goes, will be placed in your hands. Do that and maybe they will put some of the responsibility on your shoulders.

Personally, if I were involved with the site at all I would expect an apology from you.

-Click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back