• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the big flat panel monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

What is the deal with the curved monitors? I do not understand this trend. Please enlighten me.

My current monitor is a flat 32" Sharp Aquos LC-32LE700UN. I use it on my desk and it is about 27" from my face. It is 1080p, 60Hz and seems really great but I am looking to upgrade to a 1440p preferably at 144Hz or higher. The problem is that most of the 32" monitors appear curved... and/or ultrawide.

I do not like curved. I have a curved LG 55EG9100 and I love the tv but not the curve. Curve means there is almost always glare. Just my experience.

It's just the "next big thing", kind of like 3D. One of the reasons I'm sticking to dual 1440p 27" monitors as opposed to one ultrawide monitor.

Just as a sidebar question, if glare is an issue, are you using glossy or matte screens? I'll say that neither handle glare *well*, just a curiosity.

My LG has a glossy screen. I am ok with the glossy screen as it usually looks amazing but the curve makes glare way too common. It seems to effect more viewing angles because of the curve too. I am still on the hunt for a 32" replacement that is not a ultra wide. I use the monitor (tv) enough to watch movies that an ultra wide monitor would probably be a waste.

Curved screens are nice. I have one. It's more immersive. It provides a slight wrap around effect. Curved is the way of the future and like CRTs, flat screens will be phased out entirely eventually.

Curved screens are nice. I have one. It's more immersive. It provides a slight wrap around effect. Curved is the way of the future and like CRTs, flat screens will be phased out entirely eventually.

Yeah, I hope they are nice, it looks like I do not have much of an option. I was going to get one but it seems that the g-sync / freesync issue has to get sorted on the graphics card end first. I have been looking at LG 32GK650F-B, ASUS TUF Gaming VG328H1B, Samsung C32HG70, AOC C32G1.

Back