• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the detonator video settings hidden?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omaticrail

I cringe at the thought of posting this newb question, but it would seem that after doing all the prescribed uninstall, detonator RIP, re-boot, and install of Det 40.72, I have 1/100th the video options that I had with my stock video driver.

WTF? I know these settings are available, but I cannot find them.

i am nude

Registered
first, you should install the newest detonator drivers, some of the old versions are missing features. also, NVHardPage will allow you to add some other features.

OP
omaticrail

omaticrail

Yyyyyeah .... thanks vinny77..... I never woulda thought of that.

The problem was that I had opened properties window too soon after the installation reboot; the extra tab hadn't shown up yet, and my actions prevented it from finishing the update until after I'd closed the properties window. I may even have rebooted a second time. Don't recall exactly.

first, you should install the newest detonator drivers, some of the old versions are missing features. also, NVHardPage will allow you to add some other features.

Normally I would do just that, but I've heard numerous reports that the GF3 cards actually lose performance with detonators newer than about ~42. 40.72 was the last version that I had heard was very stable and still pre-dates the performance drop. *shrug*