• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the temp readings coming from?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the diode in Intel FCPGA chips is inside the CPU core, in the upper-left corner as I recall. I saw this cool schematic drawing somewhere that showed it.

As for mobso, I've never figured out exactly where the system temp is measured from. In the monitor IC is my best guess, but I really have no idea!:)

Monster of Rock said:
the diode in Intel FCPGA chips is inside the CPU core, in the upper-left corner as I recall. I saw this cool schematic drawing somewhere that showed it.

As for mobso, I've never figured out exactly where the system temp is measured from. In the monitor IC is my best guess, but I really have no idea!:)

Alrighty then... all thats left to find out is where the motherboard is getting it's temp from and I can start my mission on fixing my temps :D

Wouldn't happen to be able to find that schematic again would ya?

Yeah time to be cheater. I'm sick of 30c+ system temps even though the inside of my tower can keep my Dr Pepper cold :eek:

the scheme was off the Intel website- I stumbled across it while trying to find a list of pin assignments for the S370. Try a search there, see what you find- I'll let you know if I find it again.

For the mobo I had an idea- use Sandra or whatever to determine the type of hardware monitor IC your board uses, and then take out your board and look at every IC on it and see if you can find a match. I bet that would probably work.

Back