• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where are those lugs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augustwest

i have never built an amd system. do the lugs for the heatsink come with the heatsink, the motherboard or the cpu? seriously i cant find em.

what do they look like anyway? a pic would be great.

thanks guys

RainMaQer

3D God
Just figured I'd go ahead and get that in there... other's may be wondering the same thing... to afraid to ask or what-not... Just for future member reference ;)

OP
augustwest

augustwest

if i have a little piece of doubt for one second then i just ask. hell sometimes i know the answer already, but id rather someone who has been doing this **** longer than me tell me. know what i mean? :eh?:

RainMaQer

3D God
augustwest said:
if i have a little piece of doubt for one second then i just ask. hell sometimes i know the answer already, but id rather someone who has been doing this **** longer than me tell me. know what i mean? :eh?:

LMAO... you should look at some of my earlier posts (if you feel like digging through 1500+ posts ;))... I've posted some pretty simple questions that I honestly DID NOT KNOW... and even now I see those same questions being asked... and I don't mind answering them one bit... I was in the same boat at one time.

*EDIT*

Correction... thats 1800+ posts :D

RoadWarrior

I've got a theory that stupid people are so worried about being seen as stupid that they never ask questions and remain stupid, while smarter people don't care, ask even the stupid sounding questions and get smarter. :D

Road Warrior

RainMaQer

3D God
m_mike_k said:

RainMaQer, unless you had other names in these forums, you dont have 1800 posts.

LOL... I was waiting for someone to say that. Go to my profile and click on "Search for all posts by this user." just above my avatar and stuff. Then start counting ;) I had Shadow ÒÓ reset me at 1500 posts.

Ridenow

Sneaky Moderator
The same thing applies to me. I have asked some pretty dumb things.
I have been here a while (over 2000 posts in one year) and am a professional tech. That makes me feel even sillier when I don't remember how to change the refresh rate. :rolleyes:

Mike K

Ridenow said:
The same thing applies to me. I have asked some pretty dumb things.
I have been here a while (over 2000 posts in one year) and am a professional tech. That makes me feel even sillier when I don't remember how to change the refresh rate. :rolleyes:

I realized that also. I think its because we keep learning new things and the older things things we first learned(the simpler things) gets pushed back in our brain and we forget how to do it.:)