• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy a sata to ata converter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2002
Location
NH Biodiesel master
I am buying an Nf7-s but only have ide drives right now, I will need 4 ide connections, main drive and storage drive, Dvd rom and Cdrw, I think the board only comes with one, where can I buy another?
 
OP
Milkman

Milkman

Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2002
Location
NH Biodiesel master
Thanks moorcito, I also found some on newegg, one that plugs into the drive and allows the use of sata cales from the board to the drive and one like the abit one.
 

UnLoadeD

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Location
miwest, usa
My NF7-S r2 board came with one converter. Also there are two ide channels still, so your 4 devices will fit without using sata connections.

peace.
unloaded
 

Cornel

Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Location
Fl
UnLoadeD said:
My NF7-S r2 board came with one converter. Also there are two ide channels still, so your 4 devices will fit without using sata connections.

peace.
unloaded

He might wanna use the SATA RAID on that board
 

UnLoadeD

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Location
miwest, usa
Cornel said:


He might wanna use the SATA RAID on that board

Well, I doubt it, as he says "main drive and storage drive". I'm just trying to put his mind at ease a bit, and save him $25 bucks.

peace.
unloaded
 

Cornel

Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Location
Fl
UnLoadeD said:


Well, I doubt it, as he says "main drive and storage drive". I'm just trying to put his mind at ease a bit, and save him $25 bucks.

peace.
unloaded

I think you are right... I was trying to understand what he needs that converter for and that was the only explanation I could come with :D