• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where Can I buy Serillel Adaptors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wado1

Where can i buy another Serial ATA wire and Serillel adaptor......i only got one of each with my It7....anyone know where else to buy....i went to the abit site and newegg but found nothing on it....

NWEng

Registered
Yeah, I tried the same thing, even called Abit, but they were useless. There are two companies that make this type of thing, one is SOYO, and the other is SIIG. I ordered the SOYO from Directron for $38.00 shipped.

:cool:

NWEng

Registered
Well, if you find one come back and post where you found it. I talked with Abit Parts & Accessories and she said they didn't have any available other than what comes with the mobo. Good luck.

NWEng

Registered
I ended up getting the SIIG SATA-UATA adapter from PC Connection, Directron was out of the SOYO until next week. It works just fine and now both of my HD's are on the SATA connectors instead of the UIDE. I'm obviously not expecting any real increase in xfer speed, but I did get rid of another big ATA cable out of my case.

pcbytes

Registered
I ended up getting the SIIG SATA-UATA adapter from PC Connection, Directron was out of the SOYO until next week. It works just fine and now both of my HD's are on the SATA connectors instead of the UIDE. I'm obviously not expecting any real increase in xfer speed, but I did get rid of another big ATA cable out of my case.

Are you running your drives in RAID?

NWEng

Registered
No, I have one 60G and one 80G and I put them on the HPT374 to give them their own channel. The drives are fast enough in this config for me, and there's no need for RAID. I remember reading when the SATA boards came out that a bunch of reviewers were having trouble getting RAID to work in that config though.