• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy this board EPoX 8k9a2+ KT400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saulin

Does anyone know where in Canada/US. Well if possible Canada could I buy this board EPoX 8k9a2+ KT400?

Also what PC-333Mhz Ram do you guys recommend for this board?

Also what would be the best to expect from air cooling with a Volcano 7+ or a Volcano 9 heatsink?

I'm gonna put a Athlon XP 2200+ and a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 in it. I have a 300Watt power supply but I might be getting another one since this might not be enough for overclocking.

drewthomas14

i found it a newegg but i wouldnt know where in canada. also get a 2400+ if you overclock i read that the 2200+'s where sh*tty over clockers. if your're looking for overclocking ram get some corsair pc3200.

Mooky

If you're planning on doing any real overclocking, I would recommend getting at least PC3200. I would also follow drewthomas14's suggestion to get a 2400+. I got mine to run at 2340Mhz, 13x180. I would run it higher, but I'm running RAID 1-0 and I don't want ANY risk of HD corruption.

OP
S

saulin

Thx guys... Well it's being only a month since I got my 2200+ and I don't want to get rid of it for a much lower price so I'll see how much can get out of it. I want to get as much FSB overclocking as possible. So yeah PC3200 I guess sounds like the RAM I will be getting.

Is a 300Watt Power supply good enough?

Zoltrix!

Registered
it will do, but th real question is what psu is it? a generic 1?
if sow, it coud make u some problames on oc becous it will give u power jumps... and the system wount be stable...
if u want a extremly stable psu get the enermax, in not, get the antec or the vatnec. ;)

OP
S

saulin

Is the one that came with my 21" case. Is Aopen since my Case is Aopen. Check this url to see my current vcore voltages. This is the max I can do on this board. Gigabyte (Ga-7VRXP)

vcore.settings.JPG

-My FSB is 2x 140 (280Mhz)
-Ram is set to the lowest settings possible for compatibility cas 2.5 3T 7T 3T, normal mode. No fast or ultra settings.
and 266Mhz so is running also at the same speed as the FSB (280Mhz)
- AGP Bus Speed 70x4 (280Mhz)
-USB Controller 48Mhz
-PCI Bus Speed (well don't see it in sandra)

Also this temp showed is idle. Will go to 45 degrees under full load the way it is overclocked. Seems to be stable with those settings but anything higher and it is not stable. Could it be the RAM?
Is the power supply ok for my system?