• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy this case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0ungsta

Registered
Try using pricewatch.com to see if any resellers have them. Hmm.. i wonder if mwave.com have them in stock.

Young

Namagomi

Disabled
eh. just a normal chieftech case. shouldn't be too hard to find. it's a pretty good case, SpaceRangerJoe has one of em.

also, that guy really should screw his handle support to the case frame propper. it looks like the top sheet metal would bend quite easily. :( and WTF? Two video cards, a Voodoo 12 meg and a GeForce III. I thought i saw the good old V2 pass-through cable on the back of his case, but figured it was something else, as a V2 is pretty much a antique now.

OP
Crazy Jayhawk

Crazy Jayhawk

Namagomi said:
it looks like the top sheet metal would bend quite easily. :(
That's why he used those long metal braces on the underside of the panel. But then, he also said that because the case is so heavy he never uses that handle anymore.

Namagomi

Disabled
Crazy Jayhawk said:
That's why he used those long metal braces on the underside of the panel. But then, he also said that because the case is so heavy he never uses that handle anymore.

Yeah, exactally.

He really should have extended those braces further out and attached them to the case frame. Them chieftechs are HEAVY! After carring around my PC-61 during Quakecon2k2, SpaceRangerJoe's full tower chieftech felt like a ton of bricks.

OP
Crazy Jayhawk

Crazy Jayhawk

My Inwin Q500 isn't a lightweight earlier. Found that out when it was delivered and I had trouble carrying the box up the stairs. :p

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
i have a chieftec (listed in my sig) and the people downstairs in my hall here at school thought it was a computer because it was so heavy... i had to go pick it up at the front desk (that is what they do for expensive items that have been shipped) instead of downstairs in the mail room like usual. hehe.

Coxjeet

Registered
Speaking of chieftec I wanted to know about this one listed on new egg. Does anyone know The Length,Width,Height??
How roomy is it in their? I ask for the dimensions cause I don't want nothing too large. How sturdy is that door?I'm assuming the one I posted is a Midtower or somewhere in that range?

CHIEFTEC Server Chasis (Workstation Tower) Model DX-01BD- IBM Black w/ Two Case Fans450W AMD Approved Power Supply, Powered by Foxconn (Austin) Front Accessible: 4 x 5.25", 2 x 3.5", Internal: 4 x 3.5". Compare to Antec SX1030B Case and Save Model#: DX-01BD

Last edited: