• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i find conductive paint?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

captain_sHiFTy

i wanna unlock my athlon 1800+ palamino, but i went to home hardware and couldnt find any conductive paint to do it with.

anybody know where you can get some? or what brand to get or what to look for?

i dont really have the money to just go buy a commercial unlocking kit. plus i dont really wanna pay 20 bucks for something im gunna use once.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
electronic supplier will also sell silver trace pens.
They cost more than the paint, but are easier to use (faster) and look more proffesional.

I have used both... and they both work so... take your pick :D

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Canadian Tire never has had the damb stuff when ever i looked...
Had to goto Lordco....

As for the silver pen, "Main Electronics" have it, along with some other elecrtronics supllier near brentwood mall.

Avg

From personal experience, Locked or unlocked you will only get so much out of the 1800+ and it is better if you just play around with the fsb and you'll get the same results, the most I got out of mine was 1640mhz atable and 1704mhz very unstable.

Susquehannock

The Mad Smelter
Avg said:
From personal experience, Locked or unlocked you will only get so much out of the 1800+ and it is better if you just play around with the fsb and you'll get the same results, the most I got out of mine was 1640mhz atable and 1704mhz very unstable.

Huh?
My 1800+ is running at 2.5Ghz right now. :p
Is your chip a Palomino?
Even the 1800 Tbred A will OverClock higher than that.

Re: Conductive paint:

I've never had the occasion to need it, but I have read
that "Chrome Bumper Paint" contains enough metal and
will come through in a pinch if you can't find the rear
defogger stuff.