• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I get this stuff?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I'm looking to get some of the paint that Alienware uses on thier laptops. The stuff that reflects diferent colors when you look at it at diferent angles. I think it's called metalic somethingorother. Where spacificly can I purchase or order this stuff? Thanx.

cerberus

u might want to try contacting a shop in town that does custom body paint jobs because what they use is auto paint... unless you have a compressor and an atomizer it probably wont turn out well... ive heard this paint is expensive though

cerberus

unless you coat the krylon with a finish like acrylic spray then it will be very susceptible to scratching... i used some black on the front of my case and i had to reapply every so often even though i had about 6 coats on there...

Robbie

Good luck, if I remember correctly that paint IS VERY EXPENSIVE. Like $4500 for a 5 gallon can or something outragous like that.
Rob