• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where Do You Go In Xp And Windows 2000 To Partition The Hard Drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Networker

Disabled
i was just a little curious to know where you go to partition the hardrive with xp and windows 2000 because dos doesnt let me partition it with xp and windows 2000 on it, show me the way bros!!!!!!

well dunno about windows, but you can always use Partition Magic for that purpose its a cool utility with loads of features you can download a demo trial version of the program and try it out

XP won't allow you to create post install partitions unless you use 3rd party software like Partition Magic. The only partition software included with MS products is FDISK. Of course oonce you partition you have to decide what format NTFS/FAT32. Use Partition Magic and make sure you do all the backups...

Like baqai said partition magic, I use it myself and often you dont even need to restart and it will create partitions really quickly without rebooting, the only time you have to restart is when doing stuff to the windows partition.

You can use fdisk too, I think you can create a dos/fat32 partition and then when you go to into xp install fromat it with ntfs which id assume you would use? and go on with the install. I havent used fdisk in a while, but you can run it off a win98 bootup disk which can be found at www.bootdisk.com

Back