• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is the scaling setting go in ATI catalyst?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

Ok so I juts got my brand new 5770, installed it, downloaded the latest driver for windows XP, and what do you know its missing the scaling setting. I am running a 1920x1080 LCD tv as my monitor and now I have black borders all the way around my desktop. WTF ATI!!!!!!! One more stunt from them like this and I'm going back to Nvidia. Or even worse, if I cant find the dam setting I'll be forced to go Nvidia right away.

OP
hyperasus

hyperasus

Went back to Catalyst version 9-11 and the problem went away. Shame on ATI for getting sloppy on their drivers.

vgta88

i don;t know what you mean but to configure my monitors (sometimes the tv) I have to go to desktop & displays>right click the tiny screen near please select a display> configure> it will then give me extra options(they should give it it's own tab because it's kind of hidden) that should be in display properties (a different tab) which they should belong to but ati has a weird layout.

OP
hyperasus

hyperasus

That is how it is on my Windows 7 machine. But on XP it looks completely different. Looked everywhere but it just seems to be mising in xp for the 9-12 drivers. Weird.