• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to buy large watt peltier... where at???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey Colin,
why is the 172 watt chaper than the 156?

also, i have the slot-a athlon, so i will be placing the cold side of pelt to cpu coldplate and the waterblock to the outside of the coldplate but i should probably use the ac2 between the pelt and the waterblok right?

why cant i just put the cold side of pelt directly on the half inch die?

hey Colin,
why is the 172 watt chaper than the 156?

also, i have the slot-a athlon, so i will be placing the cold side of pelt to cpu coldplate and the waterblock to the outside of the coldplate but i should probably use the ac2 between the pelt and the waterblok right?

why cant i just put the cold side of pelt directly on the half inch die? with water block on hot side of pelt of course

40mm * 40mm verses 50mm * 50mm for the 156 watt.

You need the cold plate to focus all of the pelts cooling onto your CPUs die. There is also a possiblity of damaging the pelt by clamping it to the small surface area of the CPU die,

Also, a cold plate helps to disperse the CPU die's heat, so therefore, your whole pelt's cooling surface can be used as compared to a small portion

It_The_Cow (Jun 11, 2001 11:02 p.m.):
Also, a cold plate helps to disperse the CPU die's heat, so therefore, your whole pelt's cooling surface can be used as compared to a small portion

Good point. Kinda what I said but from the other side.

cool, thanx bros

just ordeed the 172 from danger den.
ill let u know exactly which parts become flames as soon as it gets here

Back