• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy Swiftech MC-462A???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobby Manus

I am gunna be getting a new amd mobo and proccesor, and want to o/c the hell out of it... Read the reviews and am probabl going with the Swiftech MC-462A, but where is a good place to buy this bad boy??? I didnt see it listed at www.2cooltek.com, and thats the only fan site I know of!! Plz comment!

BTW I would also need some thermal grease, do u guys recomend buying this online or just going down to the local store and picking up whatever it is that they got??? BTW this MC-462A is gunna be going on a A7A266 mobo with an Axia 1.13ghz (to start at least!!). I am going to want to overclock, will this fan along with 3 case fans, and 1 psu fan be sufficient? the case fans are all 80x80mm btw, same with the psu. I want to get a good o/c outa this bad boy if possible!!

Well here is a place to get the Swiftech http://www.coolerguys.com/CPUCOOL/extreme.htm . Will the fan be sufficent? well its the best heatsink fan combo you can buy, if you want better your gonna have to go water cooling or something like that.

As for thermal paste, get the Arctic Silver 2 stuff on the same site as the swiftech, its the best thermal paste available and much better than normal thermal paste.

Aaron

Wow the MC-462 seems like a little to much out of my range for a fan, but how much lower performance is the alluminom brother, th MC-370? Its about 50$ rather then 90$, but does it perform well?

The 370 (now 371) was the king of the hill last year. It comes with the Delta 60 mm fan so expect lots of noise. I have seen that almost all of the online store are still selling the 370-2. Check at Swiftech site for their HSF. You can get the 371-3 (all aluminum heatsink) with a 70 W TEC, neoprene stuff, copper spacer for about $95. They sell also AS for about $10. This might sound too much but it seems that this is one of the best HSF-TEC combo out there.

Forget the peltier (TEC). It won't do squat on a 1.33 Tbird, especially with air cooling.

Hoot

Bobby Manus (May 23, 2001 09:02 a.m.):
Wow the MC-462 seems like a little to much out of my range for a fan, but how much lower performance is the alluminom brother, th MC-370? Its about 50$ rather then 90$, but does it perform well?

Well we shall soon see how much lower performance it is :) I just ordered them both last night. If you want one cheap, they have some returned ones available at http://www.coolerguys.com/CPUCOOL/scratch.htm, $30 for the little swiftech and the delta fan :) they also got the big swiftech for $70, which is somewhat of a discount.

Aaron

Back