• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to get a good hole saw for case modding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

Sorry if this is wrong section, but i need a hole saw for case modding, keep in mind im a total newb, and never modded anything before. Id like a cheap one, and i would be using it on steal and/or aluminum cases. Do they come with different size saw blades? Id like one that can give me 80m, 92mm, and 120mm fan holes on my cases. THX!

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Well it depends where you live. I live in NYC, so I went to a local plumbing supply store and asked for a 120mm hole saw and arbor and they had exactly what I needed.

If you live in the middle of nowhere, you might have to order online.

I love my hole-saw, it's really cool. :D

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
A decent hole saw and arbor will cost around 50 bucks. That would be 1 size blade and the arbor. The arbor is about 18 to 24 bucks and each blade is about 15 to 25 bucks depending on size. Those are the prices I remember paying at home depot. If you do decide to buy hole saws dont get the cheap ones that are made for plastics and fiberglas cuz the steel or aluminum will eat the teeth off the blades. You also need a decent drill motor to use hole saws. They are a bit exspencsive but they cut perfect holes every time.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Totally correct, I think I paid $59 total, but it was well worth it, in my opinion.

Home Depot is good, but I think they have 117mm saws, not 120mm saws, but 117mm will do the job fine.