• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get a good temperature reading program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gxp

Registered
Beside motherboard monitor is there any other program that does a good job at reading accurate temperate on both system and CPU?

i think MBM is the best personally, i dont know why you wouldn't want to use it. have you had problems with it? I'm using it right now as a matter of fact.

Gxp (Mar 03, 2001 11:52 a.m.):
Beside motherboard monitor is there any other program that does a good job at reading accurate temperate on both system and CPU?

Most temperature proggies are only as acurate as the reading they receive from bios. At least MBM lets you offset temps if they are incorrect.

Yo

I too was having problems with motherboard monitor, so I found another one called Hardware Monitor Pro that seems to be working better for me. I wasn't sure I could trust the readings, so I changed by cpu and voltage back to normal, ran some tests, and it seemed to be measuring temps about where I would expect them to be, then upped the speed and voltage little by little, and temps rose correspondingly. So, while I obviously can't be certain of how accurate it is, this program is giving me the most repeatable results of any I have tried on my system--Soyo 6BA+IV and Celeron 2 600@1035. YMMV.

Back