• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to get those flexible keyboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s9am_me

Registered
just what it says on the title. The cheapest i've found was at sotrickcomputers.com for $20. compusa is chargin is $40 anyone know any other places?

cursor

CompUSA had them for 20 back in their columbus day sale. I think that was after rebate. I used one once and was not impressed. It was kind of like using an old manual typewriter. You had to press very hard on the keys. It had a weird feeling. Ick. I suggest you try it out before you buy it to make sure it's for you.

grim

i dont think you are gunna get them for any lower than $20. thats the lowest i have seen them go for. i think thats a pretty good price for a flexible waterproof keyboard.

Randy

cursor said:
CompUSA had them for 20 back in their columbus day sale. I think that was after rebate. I used one once and was not impressed. It was kind of like using an old manual typewriter. You had to press very hard on the keys. It had a weird feeling. Ick. I suggest you try it out before you buy it to make sure it's for you.

I agree, I just checked one out this past weekend at Compucare
in Bellingham WA. and I had the same perception as you, definitely not for me.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
grim said:
thats a pretty good price for a flexible waterproof keyboard.

Correct. The fact that it's water-proof is the ONLY REAL selling feature. The fact you can fold it up into a small package is aomewhat attractive, but it also makes the typing alot harder and slower. If you need a small keyboard for LAN parties that won't hurt your fingers, I recommend getting a slim model instead ($17).

I find the slim keys alot easier to type with because they have far less resistance. That keyboard is only a foot wide and weighs very little.

notasparagus

Captain Slug said:

Correct. The fact that it's water-proof is the ONLY REAL selling feature. The fact you can fold it up into a small package is aomewhat attractive, but it also makes the typing alot harder and slower. If you need a small keyboard for LAN parties that won't hurt your fingers, I recommend getting a slim model instead ($17).
I find the slim keys alot easier to type with because they have far less resistance. That keyboard is only a foot wide and weighs very little.

That thing looks pretty cool to, I might have to get one of those.

OP
S

s9am_me

Registered
i agree with the flexible keyboard. it doesn't feel right. but its a gift for a friend. that slim keyboard looks sweet tho. might have to pick up one of those later on :cool: