• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to go after return to wolfenstein

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orangezero

Registered
title says it mostly, i'm just about finished and haven't played games in years. what games should i look at next?

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, no question :D

Other great similar single player games to look into:

Half Life (secret government lab/alien killing action fps)
Deus Ex (conspiracy theory fps rpg)
Undying (horror game, scary as *$&!)

I have both medal of honor allied assult (mohaa) and rtcw, and I liked mohaa alot better probably cause its so realistic, and I liked the ai like the soldiers talking to you, especialy ohama beach with volume cranked.

If you liked rtcw you will love mohaa. Hours spent on that game and when i had some friends over lanned playing mohaa i think we played 6hours straight in one level and we played from like 9 o clock till 7am hehe.

thanks for the input.

medal of honor it is then

don't remember being impressed with half life too much when i saw it. i just can't believe how cool rtcw looks with just my mx440 geforce2.

Half Life doesn't look too great, anymore, but it will run pretty well on your card. Medal of Honor is a VERY graphically intensive game!!! While I run settings at max in 1024x768 in Q3 and get about 70 fps, average, my Kyro 2 really strains at some points in the game with low settings in 800x600! It's worth it, though :D

subconcept said:
I have both medal of honor allied assult (mohaa) and rtcw, and I liked mohaa alot better probably cause its so realistic, and I liked the ai like the soldiers talking to you, especialy ohama beach with volume cranked.

Hell yeah, the Omaha Beach landing was INCREDIBLE!! My roommate got up and stood behind me and watched me die like 30 times before I even made it up to the beach!! So hard, but worth it. Plugged in the Cambridge speakers instead of using my headphones, neighbors on all sides where wondering wtf was going on! :p

orangezero said:
thanks for the input.

don't remember being impressed with half life too much when i saw it. i just can't believe how cool rtcw looks with just my mx440 geforce2.
Good choice I love Medal of Honor and its a blast to play online.

2 games that you should think of getting. First is that new star wars games, Jedi Knight 2 will be out 4/2. Then in May, Soldiers of Fortune 2.

Soldier of Fortune 2. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

For now though. Medal of Honour. Most defenitly.
To sum up Medal of Honour: Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers the game. It's just that good. :D

Yeah, MOA is a great game, but I wish they would turn on the blood. MOA is like child play compared to SOF(II). I can't wait.

In SOF2, I like to try out the random mission genarator. Whoohooo!!!

Anyone else getting ****ed off that Team Fortress 2 is taking so long. That game is gonna be so good, it'll revolutionize, but its taking too dang long.

Zuck Gou :) said:
Anyone else getting ****ed off that Team Fortress 2 is taking so long. That game is gonna be so good, it'll revolutionize, but its taking too dang long.

I'm not holding my breath! MOH is just so awesome, i'll play that for awhile. Some people say the art of a good single player is dead, but not to people like me who are on a56k connection. I think MOH is better than RTCW.

orangezero said:
thanks for the input.

hah, well, i got a half-life demo free with my ATI Rage Fury Pro and this was before QIII Arena and before i had played Unreal Tourney....the graphics blew me out of the water....of course after playing quake II things have a habit of doing that :)

yeah, forgot i saw an add for the star wars game in a store the other day. looks like it might be good. not as crude as those blaster games, he, he. this may be my first post that has gotten over two answers, thanks guys.

Back