• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to put a multimeter,to get vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister1234

i want to know my exact vcore,cause i dont trust my mbm readings,but i dont know where to start :)

mbm reads 1,84-1,86(in bios its @ 1,875) and i m trying to get to 225x11 without 1,9 vcore+...so i like to know,whats my true vcore.
i heared nf-7 s undervolts so there might be some air...

Edit:running that vcore @ 217 fsb

Measure all the pins of the big transistors and diodes because one of them should be very close to the core voltage. The othersare probably almost at ground or at the supply voltage, either +12V or +5V. These parts are the 1/2" square black things with a metal tab on one end and 2-3 pins on the opposite end. Most lay horizontally with the tab soldered to the circuit board, but some are mounted upright on heatsinks. There should be toroid cores (donuts with wire wrapped around them) nearby.

To avoid shorting pins together if my meter lead tip slips, I put pieces of cardboard between the pins.

larrymoencurly said:

To avoid shorting pins together if my meter lead tip slips, I put pieces of cardboard between the pins.

This is what I did to play it safe when testing. Get a piece of shrink tubing and place that on your test probe, so that only the very tip is still showing.

Back