• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where's internet explorer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just got winten installed, all I can find for the interwebs are my firefox and this edge thing.
Is internet exploder still here, where might I find it? it's not listed in all apps.

IE is still there, you may just need to do a windows search for the executable or may need to add it as a windows feature

OH, so the thing is dead(renamed)?

- - - Updated - - -

let me search it.

if I do that, I get cortona, when I type internet explorer into cortona, it opens internet exploer and opens my correct home page.
if I search interner esploder I get this;

Attachments

• splorer.PNG
    splorer.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 61
OK!!! found it.
it's in c/program files/x86, I just made a shortcut to the exe file and it works.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but its in the start menu.

zVjwutW.png

if you can't find it there, go to all apps on the menu bar then W on the menu bar then windows accessories and it's there too :)

There are still some websites that are not compatible with edge.

If you are in Edge, click on the 3 dots top right...there is a choice to open the page in Internet Explorer.

I'll be darned... it is still there.

Consider yourself darned.

I'm still using IE10 at work since we utilize SharePoint for so much. But now that the SP2013 update has been rolled out, I might try Edge just to see.

At the end of the day, how much different is edge? Still has about the same security flaws as IE anyways.

Cannot comment on the security side of things--

However, Edge was designed from the ground up. Performance wise, it blows IE out of the water : Anandtech.com Article

Also, Edge will be getting extensions! Windows Blog

Microsoft appears to have put effort in being competitive in the browser realm... and while there isnt anything ground breaking yet... in my eyes competition is always good for the end user. :D

Sharepoint seems to work in Chrome here... we use it.

The sites themselves work, but trying to edit Office documents always seems to download a local copy, and then you can't save back up to the SharePoint through Office. Do you use some kind of add-in?

Web based. We don't, at least I don't, edit from within there. We use it more as a repository than a collaborative work space. Perhaps that is why!

Back