• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where's the GROMACS??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goatzool

I've been at this for a few weeks now with -advmethods added to the properties string and checked in EM2.whatever and no matter how I start [email protected] running, I have never yet picked up a WU from server 117. AM I doing something wrong? I shut down and restart once or twice in each 24 hour cycle but the new assignments tend to come in the early morning hours. Is timing important?

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
nope, no new gromacs yet, evidently they are reworking the whole gro project real quick, at least Bijay said they last week! He said there were some things they wanted to work on and get right before the next batch go out. He didn;t give much detail though...

FOLD ON
NAS

Gnerma

My P4 is itching for Gromacs too! :bang head

There are no Gromacs right now, if there were you would be getting them as long as you have the switch on.. it was supposed to be last week, it seems there have been delays.. Perhaps NAS can shed some light on the said delays.

EDIT - he already did :)

gtsimmo

they sure do like to rework the gromacs alot. I think this is the third time they went about redoing it. So how fast is real quick anyway NAS? ;)

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
gtsimmo said:
they sure do like to rework the gromacs alot. I think this is the third time they went about redoing it. So how fast is real quick anyway NAS? ;)

not really sure but i know there are working on some new benchmark stuff for it:

yes, the AS has a benchmark of the client speed and we're starting to use it in Gro assignments.

V

When the Gro WUs come back on line, we'll get this going again.

V

but still no time frame:confused:

FOLD ON
NAS

skou

This just in, I am soon to have a 2.4B p4 c-1 step ( can you say
3.2G) this beast will want some Gromacs to fold.:burn:

I will need a rear view mirror to watch Mr. Gnerma as soon as I get some Gromacs on these 4 rigs:D

steve:santa:

Seal

why some people only want to fold gromacs? whats the difference? do you get more points for them?

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Gromacs

P3's and p4's have a definite boost when using the gromacs core. XP's and Tbirds seem to do about the same as on Tinker.

But then there was the pAla7-2 project..... On that project all non-SSE cpu's did about the same as they would on Tinker, but P3's, P4's, XP's and Tbirds got a huge increase... up to 4x normal Tinker core production!!!! We're talking 40-50 points per day!!!! Too bad that project didn't last long since everyone with half a brain started folding multiple instances on each cpu and overloaded the gromacs server until it was bone dry and the pala's were history.

skou

Seal, I was averaging about 550 points a week on gromacs, now I'm averaging about 200.

I'd love to see them come back. As it is, I am going to lose a wager on a race to 2500 points. ( and the loser has to fold for the winner for a day)

steve