• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which 2 pins to wrap to up vcore on cBo Cumine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ruiner

I put my old p3 700 into a nice compact microATX box for my wife.
This chip needs a bit more than the default 1.55 Vcore and the ECS mobo I'm using won't adjust.

I've done chip modding before, I just need to know which Vid pins to wrap to get up a bit. It was a cake walk on my Tuey, but are the pin combinations the same?

I would go as high as 1.85, but I'd like the increments if anyone knows them.

If it is an OEM CPU without a warranty you could consider breaking off one or more of the VID pins so that you can come up with some better voltages. Not sure if I would recommend it though.

No warrantee on this baby. I already pulled a pin from it a while ago when trying to get it to work on a PPGA board (non-FCpga).
Which pins would I pull?

Are you saying that the default for your CPU is 1.55v. I'm almost positive that most if not all of the cB0's had a default Vcore of 1.65v. Regardless...please refer to the diagram in this article: http://speedtest.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjIx

Let's just assume that your CPU has a default of 1.65v. After looking at the table you will that "0" means that the pin is connected internally to Vss. If you break off the pin it will no longer be able to make the necessary contact with the motherboard. So a 1.65v processor has pins VID0, VID1, and VID2 already connected so these are the ones you would focus on breaking off.

Just for an example, if you want a default voltage of 1.85v you will need break off VID2 (because it needs to have a "1" which means it is not connected) PLUS you would need to use the wire trick to connect VID3 to one of the following pins...either Vss, VID0, or VID1. VID3 need to be connected because it now needs to have a "0" which means it is connected to Vss. Since VID0 and VID1 are already connected to Vss you can connect VID3 to any one of these pins...you'll want to go with whichever connection is closer together. After looking at the diagram further below, it is obvious that you would want to connect VID3 to Vss since they are right next to one another.

Hopefully this explains things well enough so that you can apply it to other scenarios in case you're CPU has a default other than 1.65v or in case you want to have a new default different than 1.85v.

You're right, the default is 1.65 ( I looked at the cpu).
MBM and bios only read 1.52....strange.

I wonder if either this is reading low or if the PSU or mobo is not cutting it.

I jumped Vss to Vid3 without cutting Vid2.
Normally this would give me 2.05, but my mobo is only giving it 1.92.
That's not too high of an overvolt, and it is enough to run stable at 933 so far.
Good enough for government work I guess.
Thanks for the advice.

Back