• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which BIOS is best???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arctic

I have an Asus V7700 Pure and I would like to know what bios should I use to be able to enable SideBand Addressing. cuz some new bios versions totally disable that function so I would like to know what version will unclock the the option to turn SideBand Addressing on and off.
thanx

Do a search on Ray Adams and follow it. There are programs that allow you to down load your present bios and edit it. My gf3 ti200 is now a research card, not for public use. They default speed is 230/500 and both fastwrites and side banding are enabled. Flash this back on the video card and it is done. sisoft recognizes that the Gainward both supports and has enabled sidebanding and fastwrites. If I use no other programs to change the default speed then the card boots up at a default 230/500. This can of course be changed to any speed you would like however I would rather not fry the card on default settings. Ray Adam's site is back up so do follow the search.

Back