• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which block is suitable for a RTX 2070?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knotspot

Hey, i want to watercool a RTX2070.

Now i read somewhere that the referece design should fit with the reference design of a 2080 waterblock. However now i saw Bitspowers waterblock, which is the first I found which states that it supports the RTX 2070.

Can you guys tell me if using a 2080 reference design block is suitable for example the EVGA Black Gaming RTX2070?

Thanks for any input on this question, im open for suggestions :)

You would think that EVGA would post that the 2080 Hydro Copper block being compatible with the 2070's. But nothing has shown so far after a month. Call EVGA and ask first. I went with the RTX 2080 simply because it had the Hydro Copper block and the block showed no compatibility with the new 2070 cards.

[Edit] Now that the new 2070 and 2060 Super cards are using the 2080 PCB, all the EVGA 2080 Hydro Copper water blocks fit those cards. Check the EVGA website for the water blocks compatibility list. Lots of new additions.

Last edited:
Back