• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cougar522

the gemini high or standard flow or the maze3??? i havnt seen many reviews on the maze3 because its new so any links or posts would be greatly appeciated.

rpckvv

i personally would go with the gemini...

if hoot is willing to get rid of his old WB and use the gemini, it's gotta be good (look at his review of the swiftech, gemini, and maze2 [i think])

im getting the gemini soon, barring any new developments in the WB scene...

-peter

OP
Cougar522

Cougar522

yes i was just wondering if the maze 3 performed better than the gemini before i buy the gemini.

Kosmic

If you want proven performance, go with the Gemini. The Maze3 definitely LOOKS really cool, but if I had to buy something today, I would go with the Gemini since nobody has reviewed the Maze3 yet. If you have a window kit and want a very pretty block then the MAZE3 has the aesthetic advantage, IMO.

K1

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
Right now I would go with the maze3 just to be one of the first to try it out. I assume its better than the maze2 so you won't be at much of a loss if its not quite as good as the gemini. I think the gemini looks a little cheezy yet it cools extremely well. If you arent shure wait around for some Maze3 reviews.

DodgeViper

I think the gemini looks a little cheezy yet it cools extremely well

You need to hold one in your hands. It's not cheezy at all. Very well made using Lexan and not plexiglass like others. It's small and cools really well. Hoot and I have simular systems and we both have equal C/W's. I am using mine on a T-bird where the temps are high than a XP.

Istari1

I would have gone with the gemini block if it had 1/2" barbs. ALready got a whole 1/2" system setup except for the WB. ANd I dont feel like replacing the barbs on a block I am already paying $45 for. BTW, why dont they use nice copper barbs on those gemini things? I always thought they would look a little more professional without those plstic barbs..shrug..as long as they work who cares, right? :)

Josh

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
rpckvv said:
i personally would go with the gemini...

if hoot is willing to get rid of his old WB and use the gemini, it's gotta be good (look at his review of the swiftech, gemini, and maze2 [i think])

im getting the gemini soon, barring any new developments in the WB scene...

-peter

Hoot hasnt tested the Maze 3.....yet

res0r9lm

DodgeViper said:

You need to hold one in your hands. It's not cheezy at all. Very well made using Lexan and not plexiglass like others. It's small and cools really well. Hoot and I have simular systems and we both have equal C/W's. I am using mine on a T-bird where the temps are high than a XP.

I would have to agree with bender on the cheezy part mostly the fitting are what gets me but it looks good in your rig. how well is the gemini cooling your tbird? idle temps don't mean much to me. In comparision I get around 39c full load with same speed and vcore at 1.85 with aircooling. You got to mod that vcore and see what that tbird will really do. My cooling is holding me back but can post at 1780 and thats only 1.95 vcore

mustangman

I have to agree with Dodge Viper the Gemini is far from cheasy. The Gemini is the best block I have owned so far and I have had my share of them. I had some initial problems but after going through the setup I realized that I caused the majority of them by poor hose routing. I run 36c idle at 2.05 currently and load at 42c. I'm going to get hold of Peter tommorow and order the nb and gpu blocks.

DodgeViper

Running Prime95 torture for 4 hrs. my termps never went above 37c with my ambient temps at 24c. Who cares about the plastic barbs? Once the tubing is in place you can not see the barbs. I replaced my barbs with 1/2" nylon barbs.

In comparision I get around 39c full load with same speed and vcore at 1.85 with aircooling.
Yea I have taken this route and the fan noise drove me crazy. I would never have an air-cooled system again if it means having all the fans it takes to move the air to record 39c at full load. Plus in order for you to receive those CPU temps your ambient temps must be really low in the computer enviroment.

My current setup is stable and quiet...