• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board best for overclocking + T-breds+ KT333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LCazan

Well, i'm new to putting together my own system, and new to overclocking; I hope to be able to do both within a few weeks.

I'm waiting for the Thoroughbreds, and i know most motherboard manufacturers haven't "declared" support for them yet. I'm interested in putting together a system based on the KT333 chipset. Are there any motherboards out there which will probably work with T-breds AND have the KT333 chipset AND are potentially good overclockers?

As i researched motherboards, i started with the Soyo Dragon+ (hoping for the 333 flavor), then thought maybe the Soltek SL-75DRV5.. and then last night i read some articles which made me think maybe the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP or the Epox EP-8K3A+. Of course, I was hoping each would support T-breds. So now now i'm stuck. Please advise.

Thank you.

{PMS}fishy

I really like my Asus A7V266-E and they made a A7V333 which is the same board with the newer chipset. I can't speak about the kt333 but the kt2266a is great and I can only Imagine that the kt333 is better. Id go with either the Asus or the Epox. The tT-breds are still socket 462 so we are ok there and still have a fsb of 266 so ok there too. AMD said that they were not going to make a platform change untill the 64 bit chip comes out (for the life of me I cannot remeber the name of it) Exepct to see multipliers of 14 and higher so there will probally need to be a BIOS update, better pull out the old duron again.

fuzzba11

The Asus boards are really good, and on top of the boards in all their latest givings, although you WILL be paying for it, usually about $50 more than the mid range. I would go to Newegg and browse by chipset in the motherboards, follow the links they point you to, and make a choice, bing bam.