• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board to MOD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Should I have my IC7 modded or get an Asus P4C800E-Deluxe to get it modded? Which board would offer the best overclock and stability after the volt mods, vidmm mods and whatever mods there are out there?

man thats hard to say.. alot of guys say the asus is naturally more stable out of the box. but also 50/60.00 more expensive. ive got an ic7 totally modded out and it runs 335mhz fsb right till my cpu quits..

hey can u list the exact mods that u did? i think i will get an IC7 modded.

Full moded asus board will out peroform abit boards, by the way asus mods are really easy, Abit board doesn't have vcore mod under load it droops almost like asus, but with asus board moded there is slight or no droop. One more thing I found asus board memory friendly for overclocking, what I mean by that I can put any memory and run it with it spec for example my memory ocz 4400 will not run 1:1 on abit board at 275 but on asus no issues

flapperhead said:
man thats hard to say.. alot of guys say the asus is naturally more stable out of the box. but also 50/60.00 more expensive. ive got an ic7 totally modded out and it runs 335mhz fsb right till my cpu quits..

What kind of mods? are we talkin' Hipro5 mods?

And what kind of cooling do you have...Prommie? Vapo?

yes hipro's mods(although the vtt mod (2nd way) appears to not be right) yes prommy, even a good chip (2.4c) is only gonna get u 305/310 at the very max stable..unless u use extreme cooling..

flapperhead said:
yes hipro's mods(although the vtt mod (2nd way) appears to not be right) yes prommy, even a good chip (2.4c) is only gonna get u 305/310 at the very max stable..unless u use extreme cooling..

I am having pwt-bypat here in the forums mod my IC7 with all of Hipro's mods. I plan to use high end air for cooling. Did you do all of the mods yourself?

correct,tho not as good as hipro(who is?) i work in the hi tech world so i had the necesssary euipment to do it.as i said previously it appears that the 2nd vtt DOESNT work correctly there a several ways to do it - i advise hipro's first method or one of the others... all others work like a charm..

unless u want very hi fsb (which is vry hard on air past 300.) i would just have him do the vmem and vtt mods.. maybe an extra cap for cpu stability...

flapperhead said:
correct,tho not as good as hipro(who is?) i work in the hi tech world so i had the necesssary euipment to do it.as i said previously it appears that the 2nd vtt DOESNT work correctly there a several ways to do it - i advise hipro's first method or one of the others... all others work like a charm..

unless u want very hi fsb (which is vry hard on air past 300.) i would just have him do the vmem and vtt mods.. maybe an extra cap for cpu stability...

Hipro will do mods? I wasn't aware that he hired himself out? If this is true I will have him hook me up with a board.

meionm said:
Full moded asus board will out peroform abit boards, by the way asus mods are really easy, Abit board doesn't have vcore mod under load it droops almost like asus, but with asus board moded there is slight or no droop. One more thing I found asus board memory friendly for overclocking, what I mean by that I can put any memory and run it with it spec for example my memory ocz 4400 will not run 1:1 on abit board at 275 but on asus no issues

when u say fully modded asus do u mean vdroop and vmem? cause as i said b4 once i got the ability to hit the vagp with 1.95v and the nb with 1.9volts/ the ic7 just took off (of course) unless u do these mods to the asus, it would be at a disadvantage cause even tho it adds extra nb voltage as u go up(very smart in my opinion) no one usualy goes past 1.65/1.7 with the cpu..
as for memeory, yes abit could do better.. i found bt disabling pat allows better memory 1-1 oc's past 300..

krag said:
Hipro will do mods? I wasn't aware that he hired himself out? If this is true I will have him hook me up with a board.

if i gave u the impression he does,sorry,he doesnt. that poor guy doesnt have time to spit, with all the people asking him questions. so he only does his own and show's people how to do it...

now i have a board that will easily run 340 fsb but the vtt is all screwed up (lol) im hoping to try and fix it...

flapperhead said:
when u say fully modded asus do u mean vdroop and vmem? cause as i said b4 once i got the ability to hit the vagp with 1.95v and the nb with 1.9volts/ the ic7 just took off (of course) unless u do these mods to the asus, it would be at a disadvantage cause even tho it adds extra nb voltage as u go up(very smart in my opinion) no one usualy goes past 1.65/1.7 with the cpu..
as for memeory, yes abit could do better.. i found bt disabling pat allows better memory 1-1 oc's past 300..
I just meant vdimm and vcore mod only those two count in performance, and overclabitlity, what i noticed asus and abit boards pretty similar when it comes to vcore drop till it get up to 1.6, after 1.6 asus board has a huge vcore drop under load, but with vcore mod it's fixed, the agp doesn't do anything, it's only good for extreme overclocking, it better to do gpu mod, What I really liked about mods on asus board is that they are easy almost no soldering skills required,

yeah ur right. i think the asus probably is a better ocer right out of the box cause of the way its built.. with a moded ic7, nb/vagp etc, its really unfair to compare then. cause of the enormous increase in voltage(1.9+) also vagp mod helps feed the nb when raised..

the only flaw in asus board is the voltage selection for vcore between 1.625-1.675, it needs vcore mod, you don't need (1.9+)agp moded, it only is needed when you will put like a vapo or pelt on graphic card

Back