• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which card for HTPC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bm1

Registered
I can get a 128MB Ti4200 from Aopen w/vivo for £85 UK. Is this card going to be ok for my HTPC which will only use the TV as the only monitor?

OP
B

bm1

Registered
One trader at Tottenham Court Rd (London) computer fair. He has a few of the Boxed 128MB and also the 64MB for £70 inc. VAT and so I reserved one which I will pick up next weekend.
My only concern is that I want to connect it to my TV as the sole monitor for viewing DVDs and for recording East Enders (for my wife of course) also lan gaming when my friends come over.

No, I showered
Personally, I'd probably go with something like an ATI AIW card if you can get your hands on one. The visual quality is supposed to be far superior to Nvidia on the TV Out quality.

asj

for that price I would go for it! you could then sell it for the same if something better comes up! But it should do fine!