• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDninjaboy

hey guys,
I have two xp2000's and am going to sell one in a new tower im building. One is a brown chip and one is green, they are both agoia steppings. Is one better than the other or does it really not matter. I dont use these chips for overclocking at all they just are in a backup puter in case I have a water cooled accident. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Shane
:burn:

DanFraser

No difference whatsoever. That green or brown stuff actually only supports the wires from the core going to the pins. Thats all... Just eeny meeny miny mo to choose...

hitechjb1

When a Barton gets to around 2.38 GHz, it begins to crossover the performance of a Tbred B 1700+ at 2.5 GHz. We are beginning to see some posts about Barton getting to that speed.

Assuming the 512KB Barton has 5% system performance advantage at same clock frequency
Barton 2.29 GHz ~ 1700+ 2.4 GHz
Barton 2.38 GHz ~ 1700+ 2.5 GHz

juliendogg

hitechjb1 said:
When a Barton gets to around 2.38 GHz, it begins to crossover the performance of a Tbred B 1700+ at 2.5 GHz. We are beginning to see some posts about Barton getting to that speed.

Assuming the 512KB Barton has 5% system performance advantage at same clock frequency
Barton 2.29 GHz ~ 1700+ 2.4 GHz
Barton 2.38 GHz ~ 1700+ 2.5 GHz

this is relevant how?

both chips should be the same regardless of packaging color.

J.

hitechjb1

juliendogg said:

this is relevant how?

both chips should be the same regardless of packaging color.

J.

The post about Barton is not a relevant answer to the original question, should not be here.