• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which cooler for R9100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ardent

Which cooler for R9100?

http://www.svc.com/chipsetcoolers1.html

I am looking at the two Tt Orbs and the two Vantec Iceburg coolers? Which are better? I noticed the Blue Orb has a higher cfm fan on it. I am assuming this is because the heatsink isnt as good as the vantecs?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Ardent

Dragonprince

The Crystal Orb works best on the Radeon 8500/9100. I modded my 8500LE with one and went from 250/250 to 275/275 without any problems or other mod's for voltage. I also used ram sinks but they are not necessary as far as I could tell, OC'n the ram will depend alot more on what ram is on your card. Mine came with 3.2ns ram and will OC almost to 300 (without a volt mod) but the card is rock solid at the 275/275 sync'd so I left it there. Just make sure you position your Orb/Vantec cooler as high up on the card as possible...a couple of years back I modded one and had to dremel part of the cooler off because it was hitting the PCI slot next to the AGP slot:rolleyes: Live and learn:rolleyes:

OP
ardent

ardent

Thanks for the info.....my Sapphire 9100 card runs stock @ 275/275 but even pushing it to 280/280 gave me artifacts. It uses EtronTech ram.....after a long number it has a dash and then 3.5. I am assuming this is 3.5ns. Know anything about this ram and what it can do?

I have had no problems until the last week when the weather got warmer here in Vegas :p I've had a few hard locks playing games and want to put some better cooling on it to combat the summer!

Niels W K

Registered
Hmm I got one with a slightly better than usual cooler on mine, plus I took out the useless coolerpaste and replaced it with copperpaste, the core is 310 stable, and ram is 275.
All stock.
3.2 ns Hynix ram, works good.