• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which DDR/Intel mobo to buy TODAY!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GraveLayer

Registered
What is a good, stable and GREAT overclocking DDR/Intel (533)board available today.
I have all my components and have sold my current mobo/cpu/ram. So I can't wait a month for a mobo. I need to order today!!
Here is what I have:
2x512M Corsair PC2700 cas2 (bought each for $150 3 weeks ago :)! ) (getting ready for Dual channel!)
2x80G WD 8M/cache
Radeon 9700
Antec 480w TB
LianLi PC60 modded

So I will order a 2.4b (533) with ??? motherboard!

I'll only run this board about a month (then sell it so resale value is a must!)

Hmmmmm..... the Asus my be it. I wish the P4PE had RAID and AGP 8x !!!

I'd just get something cheap that you can hawk off once you get your dual ddr going. I wouldn't be too picky and spend a lot of money on a board that you're going to replace anyway.

Check out the albatron px845 pev for abour $95 (us) shipped. A basic no frills board that overclocks extremely well. Reviewed on 10/7 at anandtech (845pe 3 way shootout).

Lumberjack said:
I'd just get something cheap that you can hawk off once you get your dual ddr going. I wouldn't be too picky and spend a lot of money on a board that you're going to replace anyway.

if you're looking for a cheap holdover option, look at the newegg refurbished pile... i've picked up some great mobos off the scrap heap! :D

Best P4 board you can buy right now?

Tough question because there are a lot of great boards out there. I can't recommend just one. But, look at the boards from Asus, Abit and Gigabyte using the 845E or 845PE chipset and pick the one with the price and features that work best for you. All three makes have the best reputations for reliability and overclocking.

BHD

Back