• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fan for my slk947..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Hey guys..

I just recently upgraded to a SLK947U and a Panflo 92mm 56cfm fan .. My temps are good at settings in sig im at 39-40 Idle and 48 Load.. which I think is not bad for 1.8vcore .. but was considering going with a fan that pushes more cfm but also one that wont make me deaf ;)

One consideration is YS-Tech fan because of more cfm and not much noise..

But would the extra 11cfm make much of a difference ?

The other one im considering is the Thermaltake Smart Case Fan 2 ..because of more cfm and at 48db it shouldnt be too loud...right ? ;)

Also should I stick with a 92mm instead or go with the SF2 because of more air flow..

I just wana shave a few degrees off because at 1.85vcore I can run at 2.4mhz stable but the temps get in the lower to mid 50's...

Thanks for any input
Thunda

I would go with a Panaflo 92mm U1A .SPECS: 3450rpm @ 68.80 cfm /43 dBA..I have mine wired thru a rheostat to control the fan speed. See sig of rig for summer time temps.This fan is available at www.digi-key.com Enter item # P9760-ND This find was made by Blkgti. Only bummer with this fan is it doesn't have RPM capabilities. I haven't had any issues with that. THE FANMAN:cool:

Sweet !! thanks alot ..gona order it today.. seems like a good fan and with better specs than the ones I was considering :) and the speed monitoring isnt a biggy..

Thunda

edit.. Wow quick order processing they have in about one hour I got a email saying it was shipped with a tracking # :)

Last edited:
Whoo hoo... Got it today.. cant wait to put it in tonight and see the difference :)

Thunda

Back