• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scarzo

Heard about cracking problems using the Super Orb. Any such problems using the Golden orb? Of FOP, Swifttec, Orb...which is the best?

Scarzo (Mar 23, 2001 04:57 p.m.):
Heard about cracking problems using the Super Orb. Any such problems using the Golden orb? Of FOP, Swifttec, Orb...which is the best?
The clips on those Orbs are quite strong hence the cracking problem. One way to avoid that is to get one of those copper spacers see here, those can keep you from smashing the core but they are supposed to be bad for the heat transfer although I didnt see a noticable difference. I am now running an Alpha PAL 6035 see here and love it. It keeps my temps way down and the clip doesnt take a crowbar to apply to the chip.

Swiftec MC462A is still the best aicooling solution... A modded alpha pep66 with 2 fans may do a good job at reasonable noise.... The most powerful fan is the delta 38cfm, but very noisy.... stick with something like ys tech 27 cfm, adda 28cfm or papst 33cfm (best deal in my opinion but hard to find...)

Back