• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which FPS Game??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beezee

hello hello
I'm planning on getting a couple of games from go-gamer... I've narrowed it down to these three. Double Helix SOF2, 1942 Battlefield, and Medal of Honor.... Just wondering what you guys think... can you help me pick two out of the three please? thanks guys! :)

Monaco

1942 and Medal of Honor would be my picks.

I had SOF2, but after I installed MOHAA I never once played it again. MOHAA is just soooo much better, I just gave my SOF disc away :D

ponders

Registered
I think MOH and bf1942 would be my picks also, though SOF2 is also very good with a good singleplayer.

SOF2- excelent game but not brand new
bf1942- awsome ideas and fun, just to buggy atm (for some peeps)
MOH- never played..arg

geldib

Registered
Well I can only comment on SOF2... I think its a good game.. great graphics.. I just love blowin peoples heads off

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
battlefield 1942 - i think this game absolutely sucks b****
sof2 - rocks, top quality violence
mohh - awesome graphics, but in multiplayer one bullet and you're dead
rtcw - crap graphics, but awesome gameplay
jedi knight 2 - good graphics, ghey gameplay unless you enjoy killing stupid darth vaders
ut2003 - awesome graphics, in my opinion really crap weapons

Jerky

RtCW = 0WNZ! best online game ever - imo
SoF2 = Super Kick Arse! mega violent, bloody and gory, just the way i like it. ...again it's very bloody and gory. mega whoop-arse online game.
unreal 2003 - sweet graphics, awesome maps, furious gameplay (quakelike) i think it 0wnz.
MoH AA - cool, but more of a slow as a turtle type game. need more skillz to play rtcw and sof 2 than this one.
battlefield 1942 = more bugs than a hookers panties. blek, smells like arse....
:)

OP
B

beezee

I play a lot of counterstrike so I'm leaning more toward the Multiplayer side. I just want something else to play beside the same ol' same ol' cs. Looks like Battlefield 1942 and MOHAA is a must around here! Thanks for the help guys! :)

john240sx

SOFII is fun until the 'cool' effect of dismemberment wears out. that's the game's biggest selling point IMO. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is way better if you don't have it.

MOH:AA is awsome. great grapics, killer sound effects (expecially if you have 4.1 or 5.1 speakers). plus, the spearhead expansion just came out. i didn't play it that much yet but so far it's great.

BF1942 is ok single player, online it's pretty sweet. the only problem is there are more people that just mess around instead of trying to win. it get's annoying.

i didn't say which two games to get because everyone has different tastes. i just gave my honest opinion for each game. (key word, opinion)

Ghost68

well considering that i have only played mohaa and bf1942 out of that list i can only comment on them.... they are GREAT games at every mini-lan (me and a few friends in my garage) party i have thrown since i got bf1942 thats all we play.... and mohaa is good cause it takes stratigy to be good at...

roYal

soldier of fortune sux, i installed it, tried to play it, and then uninstalled it and never played it again. Go for q3 or rtcw. battlefirled 1942 is pretty good for multiplayer, and rtcw is very good for multiplayer. They're slower paced games then q3. q3 takes a while to get good at, but there's always competition.

ntpphong

yup, MOHAA ALL THE WAY!!! one of the best fps i ever played...and the first game i played without cheat either, i enjoyed it sooo much...lol.