• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which ftp server to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diolein

Registered
hi fellows,

i'm looking for a well performing ftp server. there will be >20 guys connected at once (connected via gbit). i should be able to deny or grant access for certain ip addresses on the fly - i don't want to have to restart the server all the time.

(i want to add just one user, and grant access through allowed ips)

can you recommend a piece of good software, which will satisfy my needs?

tia

greets

edit: OS: linux

diolein said:
hi fellows,

i'm looking for a well performing ftp server. there will be >20 guys connected at once (connected via gbit). i should be able to deny or grant access for certain ip addresses on the fly - i don't want to have to restart the server all the time.

(i want to add just one user, and grant access through allowed ips)

can you recommend a piece of good software, which will satisfy my needs?

tia

greets

edit: OS: linux

the best is glftpd. it's very scriptable and has everything you are looking for and a lot more. the only other consideration would be drftpd but glftpd is the best so try that out.

heya,

first of all: thanks for answering, i didn't expect any activities in this thread :)

glftpd looks pretty nice, i'll try it asap, thx!

np, i've been using it for many years and find it to be very stable and very customizable. goodluck.

i've been looking on webmin.com for a third-party-modul to configure and administrate the server, but there seems to be no plugin :(

Proftpd works for me. Not sure if it's what you look for, but webmin supports it.

Back