• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which high cfm fan is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kent_b29

Which is the best high cfm fan? Tornado, Sunon, YS tech, etc... Which one has the least annoying noise?(I know they are all going to be loud, but which ones make the least annoying noise. I don't want one with a real shrill high whine etc..) This will be going on a thermalright sk-7 and will be controlled by a pcmods.com 17w per channel rheobus 2.0. How much will the rheo bus quiet it down to? Could I reach near vantec stealth noise levels with lets say the vantec tornado? Or will it just be slightly quieter?

thanks,
Kent

o0OBruceLeeO0o

I have a 80mm Vantec Tornado, its pretty loud, but not as bad as people make it out to be. I run with the side of case open too, so obviously its not too bothersome.

Darkside

Registered
everyone has their own perception of loud. imo, loud is when your speakers are fighting the noise of the fans.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

Darkside said:
everyone has their own perception of loud. imo, loud is when your speakers are fighting the noise of the fans.

Very good point, I just chose to suffer a little with the noise to have better cooling. Water cooling is too complicated for me at this point :D

maxima88

The Tornado is rated at 84cfm & 55dba while the Delta 80 is rated at 80cfm and 52.5dba. I've got the delta 80cfm fan w/ my sk-7 and my cpu temp right now is at 23c.

Jkasmann

Registered
The tornado and delta 80cfm are about the same performance wise, dont be tricked by the CFM rating on the SmartFan2 as it is not as good for heatsink use performance-wise (doesnt have the air channeled, or something).