• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is best to run with a 166fsb 8K3A, KX7, or GA-7VRX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I plan to use this till the next revision of the nForce 2 boards come out. After that I am planning on putting it in the family computer. I don't want to overclock much, just to 166 to keep things in spec and was wondering which of these boards perform the best? Also, I heard the Gigabyte GA-7VRX boots into Windows really fast, so would this be a good option for a family comp? Anyone with an opinion or suggestion for a different board?

Tipycol

Last edited:

i810 Forever

Wondering the same thing myself. The KX7-333 seems highly recommended, and has a better chance of not being DOA unlike the Epox (guy at the local shop said theres generally a 50/50 chance your Epox will work out of the box! :eek: ). The only problem with the KX7-333 is that you can't get the really high Vcores unless you voltmod it. :eek: Both the 8K3A and the KX7-333 are the same price, and an 8K5A3+ can be had for ~$20 more (USB 2.0, built in ethernet, 4 RAM slots, dual RAID controllers) and from what I've read has less problems than the 8K3As and can still overclock every bit as good.

OP
T

Tipycol

Well, I've read most of the things here about the boards and I really don't care about any onboard stuff. The only problem is most of the people here complain about their boards not getting 180-210fsb, I am just trying to find which board does the best at 166fsb. Anyone know where I can find info on this type of comparison?

Tipycol

Kosmic

I couldn't tell you which one does best at 166, and I can't even tell you what the 8k3A does, but I have everything good to say about my EPoX board and EPoX in general. My 8K5A2 hit 200fsb no problems at all. Good memory helps, but the board is what gets ya there.