• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is better G3 Ti200 or G4MX440?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

I just want to know wich of these has better performance and will give me more score on 3dmark,, i work at a computer store i have a chance to choose betwen these too until i get a G4 Ti4600

6502kid

I believe the Gf3 Ti200 will beat those Gf4MX cards in the
benchmarks. Get one of the Gainward Golden Sample
ones, and it will overclock mad, crazy also. 515/540 on mine.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
well from the current thread i have going on nvidia cards, i find that the gf4 mx440 has a higher core speed and a pretty decent overclock. you can check out the excel spreadsheet i have going here

this might help you make some sort of conclusion. hope this helps.

quegyboe

The GeForce3 Ti200 will perform better in any DX8 based program or game, but the GF4 MX440 is faster in all DX7 or older programs...

funnyperson1

the Ti200....though quegyboe is right, in games like UT or QuakeIII the MX440 probably would be very close....but in games like Max Payne, UT2003, and DoomIII the Ti200 would crush the MX440 into the ground....i think its definately worth the extra dough :)

funnyperson1

i think it definately will be playable on Geforce3s....the leaked DoomIII was an Alpha, and has very little actual bearings on how the game plays in retail form.....Carmack is a geniuos, hes too smart to leace Geforce3/8500 owners in the dust....Geforce2s probably, but not 3s

OP
deadzone

deadzone

Thanks, i will keep my G3. I have it @ 205/490. Is this a good OC.
I tried the regestry tweak but cant go much hire.
My carg is a Jaton with standard HSF.
Any suggestions?

james.miller

i get 6000 with my athlon 1800+ and gf4 440mx.

so thats not the cards fault. but i doubt you will admit that you pc is slower than mine, will you? lol