• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is better soundblaster live or soundblaster pci 128 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
The sound blaster live is the better card... uses less cpu cycles... and has more features. I can't say for sure in which ways the features differ as I've never used an SB128. :rolleyes:

HITNF

Sb live

Heya,
when i first got my comp i had a SBlive PCI128, and it got messed up, it started to lag my comp and all, i think it was something with the polling????, RIght now i have a SB live5.1 and i;m satisfied with it, it has more features and is better, so i'd go for the better one....

Cisco Kid

I have the Soundblaster PCI 128 it is an OK card nothing exceptional. I would get the 5.1 ot a Turtle Beach Santa CRuz card, that is what I am searching for in Vancouver BC Canada, heard very good things bout it.

Cisco KId

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
instead of either of those cards i would recommend the santa cruz card too, i personally think you won't get better bang for the bucks. It is a great card and not very pricey.