• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is Faster? Athlon X2 5600+ or E6700 or E6750?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walnojxb

Can someone tell me which is faster? I have the Athlon X2 5600+. A co-worker work wants to sell or trade his E6700 or E6750, but I'm not sure which is faster. I've always used AMD, but Intel seems to be calling my name lately :)

Thanks for any comments...

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Well, if you are talking about the at their max 24/7 overclock, the E6700/E6750.

OP
walnojxb

walnojxb

Well, if you are talking about the at their max 24/7 overclock, the E6700/E6750.

Yeah, I don't mind having to OC if I have to. Besides, I can't get my Athlon stable at 3.0 Ghz anyway.

Shiggity

the E6750 does 3.6ghz pretty easily on air :)

But you can get an E7200 for less money than an E6750 and it's a much better overclocker. Brolloks had his up to 4.0ghz on air pretty easily.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Remember to factor in the cost of changing your board. The Intel chips will overclock better so should be a better choice (although weigh up the cost/benefit).

OP
walnojxb

walnojxb

Remember to factor in the cost of changing your board. The Intel chips will overclock better so should be a better choice (although weigh up the cost/benefit).

Yeah, that will probably be my next post..Which board? This would be my first Intel build, so I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks

David

Forums Super Moderator
Yeah, that will probably be my next post..Which board? This would be my first Intel build, so I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks

I'd personally choose a board that left you with the option of quadcore in the future perhaps - something P35, X38, X48 based (in order of increasing expense).