• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is which?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that's good, if you're in the lower 1.4's on the vcore that should give you some more head room.
run prime for two hours now, if the vcore is low cores will stop working and you just raise the vcore a notch and try again.

if you will look at your folding client you will see it shows a ppd number on the right upper, this is tracked so you can keep up with your production.

One problem here dpg3456 is you are mixing Fahrenheit with Celcius between AMDOD and HWINFO. Please configure HWINFO to use Celcius.

Also, please create a Signature with some details about your system components. Go to top of page and click on Settings. Look down the left hand side at the Settings options until you see Edit Signature. We need to know more about your system to better help you. The "Sig" info shows up in every post you make and is helpful to those helping you, especially those who may join the party late.

that's good, if you're in the lower 1.4's on the vcore that should give you some more head room.
run prime for two hours now, if the vcore is low cores will stop working and you just raise the vcore a notch and try again.

if you will look at your folding client you will see it shows a ppd number on the right upper, this is tracked so you can keep up with your production.

I was worried that I could damage the CPU by under volting it. I'll run prime95 when I get home. I will also install a small fan on the vrm in the next couple of days and see if it makes a difference.
I am not home right now but I will check it out and let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

One problem here dpg3456 is you are mixing Fahrenheit with Celcius between AMDOD and HWINFO. Please configure HWINFO to use Celcius.

Also, please create a Signature with some details about your system components. Go to top of page and click on Settings. Look down the left hand side at the Settings options until you see Edit Signature. We need to know more about your system to better help you. The "Sig" info shows up in every post you make and is helpful to those helping you, especially those who may join the party late.

Okay I will create a signature when I get home. It's hard for me to understand celcius since I grew up with Fahrenheit. But I'll switch it over too.

You don't need to understand Celcius to use it in this context. The scale from freezing to boiling is 0 to 100 whereas with Fahrenheit it's 32 to 212. Other than that, higher numbers mean hotter and lower numbers mean cooler for both. What you really need to get a grasp on is what Celcius readings in the context of overclocking are considered safe and/or too hot for various components of the CPU and motherboard. That's all you need to know. A lot of us grew up on F instead of C. All of us use Celcius here on the forum so we need you to be on the same page with us in that regard.

Okay I understand. I will remember that in the future when I post. Thank you.

Must have been relocated closer to the center.

Attachments

• PPD.PNG
    PPD.PNG
    264.5 KB · Views: 73
that is web control.
in the system try, right click on the folding icon, select advanced control.

did you enter a passkey in the folding client?
I don't see you on the team list as N.

Last edited:
No i didnt, i honestly have no clue how to use it. I got it like a week ago. But no i have not entered a passkey. Its the 8 digit code right?

EDIT: Okay i just messed with it and added a passkey. idk if that helped though. BTW, Prime95 is running just under an hour so far with no problems. sensors max is 56.1 and hasnt gone over. Its staying around 53.8 the majority of the time with slight spikes here and there.

Last edited:
it's a long code, they should have e-mailed it to you.
check your e-mail for a note from folding@home.

Okay i did that. What voltage would you recommend to be stable at 5.0? Im creeping up to two hours and the temps are lowering a bit.

the voltage is just going to be what it takes, some take less, some take more.
don't clock it to high voltage and just leave it there day in and day out, I killed one not long ago that took 1.64 to make 5.2 24/7, it was never under a heavy load, just a file server that hangs on the wall and it only lived about 6 months.

Okay, well ill check it out later, I kinda am no longer in the mood to try and push the cpu right now. I think when i move to arizona, since the temps will be lower, it will help with oc. i will also run to frys tomorrow and buy 3 small fans and link them together to cover the whole vrm heatsink. I am going to stop the test a little early, approx 12min early. Final results are 52 right now with 56 max. I will try again with the smaller fans to see if it helps.

Thank you and everyone else for your help. My temps are way more manageable now then when I was doing it on my own.

here>>> http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=32 <<<< is a link to our team info, on another site.
you will not be credited with the points you have made up to this point but will from now on.
after 10 work units you will show up in the list and you will get more points per work unit, it's called quick return bonus.
you should also fold only on the gpu, that's where the points are and points for the cpu are just not worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Arizona will be cooler?????
just where do you live, teakettle junction?

Well, I live in Los Angeles and I am planning on moving to Flagstaff. Higher elevation. Their summers are around 26 whereas ours are around or over 40.

I am not really folding to get the points tbh, more to help out the research.

And my ppd for my gpu is only 266000

Last edited:
getting your passkey and id corrected will help some, what operating system and what video driver are you using?

I have windows 10 and i am not sure which driver i am using but i keep it up to date with nvidia geforce experience. except for the most recent driver, it just downloads and doesnt install.

Last edited:
lets get gpu-z and see the driver number, win10 has been known to install it's own drivers.
stop the cpu folding for the time, nvidia cards require one free core for the card.

Back