• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which m/b for 754 or 939 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigswede2

which is the best m/b for socket 754 or 939 i cant dicide which to go for I will be mostly playing games and benchmarking a little video editing, dvd burning etc a little o/c .if I go 939 i will probably go with the asus a8v socket 754 I have no idea at all.
Thanx

Goldstandard

I have an a8v. I like it, everything just works but this is at stock speeds. The agp pci lock is somewhat faulty and you have to get a beta bios to make it work. If I did it again I would wait for the new revisions that will have the chipset issues resolved hopefully. I can get it to overclock but you really have to tweak to get it working right. Like some other guy said it another thread that I can't remember: "It's like a beautiful woman, if you push the right buttons she'll work for you all night long..." I think I was able to get it up to 275 fsb but didn't keep it there long, I will try again to see if I can duplicate it, if so I am getting me some ddr 550 sticks, so I can run it synchronously. :drool:

shard

the abit KV8 seems to kick *** and take names later, nowadays!

they are also very cheap to!

oh Goldstandar, the New A8V (v1.1) seams to fix most of the problems!

Goldstandard

Well, I don't know what problems you talk about. I am testing it right now at like 275 fsb and it seems fine so far. Now if I could just get my cpu to be prime stable. I would up the volts but I am already at 58c load, so I am lapping today.