• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which memory slot for Epox 8KHA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I have one stick of ram and I'd like to know which memory slot to put it in. I placed it in slot 1, which happens to be the closest to the chipset, but I can't run it in fastest mode, which is 1T timing. It is 256MB Muskin PC2400 CAS2 ram, also.

RedDeathDrinker

Senior Aircraftsman IRL
Convention dictates Slot 1.

What BIOS version are you using? There does seem to be a memory timing issue with some versions of the BIOS, but I'm more than happy with mine at the moment.

2*256 Meg Crucial PC2100, 166FSB (333DDR) 2-2-2, set on Turbo Mode in the BIOS...........

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
reddeathdrinker said:
Convention dictates Slot 1.

What BIOS version are you using? There does seem to be a memory timing issue with some versions of the BIOS, but I'm more than happy with mine at the moment.

2*256 Meg Crucial PC2100, 166FSB (333DDR) 2-2-2, set on Turbo Mode in the BIOS...........

Don't you mean slot 0? =)

OP
Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I am using the latest bios I believe. It's not a big deal, but I would like to run the 1T timing (Turbo mode right).