• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mobo to get of THESE...???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silverthumb

Registered
Which Mobo to get of THESE...???
I'm looking at these mobos
My criteria is, in order of importance

Kt333 or Kt400 chipset seems best

166fsb very EASY (1/5 pci minimum, 1/6 divider BEST)!!!!
Very Nice OC options!!!
High point RAID :D (=NO promise) (hpt-370/372/374)
All the Memory tweakings !!!
LAN on board
USB 2.0

Then differences in options like
Thermal protection shut down or such...
These are my top pics so far...

1) :DEPOX Ep-8K9a2+ (favorite so far)
2) :pSoyo kt333 or kt400 dragon Ultra (black= same price)
3) ;)Abit KD7-R
4) :)Asus A7V333-R (my bro can't get his to 166fsb though!)
5) :cool: Epox Ep-8k5a2+ ....???

ADVICE????

I don't care about ddr400 memory and AGP8x isn't too important YET (I have a 4x card currently but when I go for the Radeon 9700???). Firewire is a BIG plus and having the cpu multipliers be independant of the fsb is SWEET, or not having to unlock the xp1900 I got (=Ep-8k9a2+ ) is a NICE thing, in itself.

Thanks!!!!!

P.S. ALSO any one know WHICH of the latest Mobo's have the
PCI and AGP dividers lockable -?????

Well, if you mean both for the PCI and AGP locks, all that i know of that has both are the nForce 2 boards (there are 3, but i know of only 2 having them)

So the boards that have the PCI and AGP lock are the:
Epox 8rda+
Asus A7n8x (im pretty sure it is on the deluxe version and non-deluxe version of the a7n8x, someone correct me if i am wrong)

I hope this information helps, and welcome to the boards!
-Bubba

Edit: About the boards, I personally dont have any experience with them, but I imagine that the Epox 8k8a2+ is a good one, and the Soyo Dragon, and i would go with the kt400. I have no experience with the board's, but i have heard some goodness from them. Good luck! :D

Last edited:
It sounds you need to get an Nforce2 mobo which got

USB 2.0 x 6
onboard sound Nvidia APU Sound Storm 6 channel supports EAX 2.0 as good as Audigy1
Firewire x 2
onboard Lan ( 1 or 2)
AGP 8X
Serial ATA/RAID
AGP/PCI Lock

I think Asus A7N8X delux and Abit NS7-S will do. However, none of them use high point raid I think

If u're looking into OCing, DO NOT get the KT333 Soyo. There is NO 1/5 divider. This is the reason why I'm probably changing boards soon..

Back